Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Kottayam

I then went to Kottayam for Arun and Tanya's wedding, unfortunately for everyone but especially for me I got sick food poisoning and after dipping my lips in fermented coco milk, I vomited as soon as my first night with my friend Arjun, then bad soar throat followed by horrible fever. I used all my daily energy attending the wedding ceremonies.
The first one I attended was the "official public" ceremony that several hundreds of people attended. It was very beautiful, women were wearing beautiful dresses of all kinds OK colors, they were wearing very raffinated Indian jewelery by the pound, men were wearing the traditional mundus, just as I was.
The wedding was kind of surprising because although so many people had come to see Arjun and Tanya's wedding, you could only see the back of the photographers that were on stage nearly fighting to take the best possible picture from the new couple. Anyhow the little I could see was great cause it was beautiful in colors, rich in traditions and another new experience of mine in India.
The second ceremony was organized the same day in the evenning at home, under Arun's father's roof where I was as well staying. There was a small buffet and cocktail drinks where provided, unfortunately that day I felt so badly sick that I didn't even attend the ceremony, even though it only was behind my door room.

No comments: